Sunday, August 30, 2009

Gator Sightings

A Gator sighting in the Galapagos Islands. (See the shirt in the center.)
Survival of the fittest?

2 comments:

Joaquin said...

Good one. As you know, Rick, the Gator Nation is EVERYWHERE! Soon there will be Gator sightings in Montreal, Quebec, All over the St. Lawrence River and down the
Eastern Seaboard to NYC as Rhonda and I are getting ready to leave on a Canada/New England/NY cruise in a few weeks (bye week & away game 2nd wk [LSU]which will be shown on the ship-- I've already checked).

Funny Story: A Couple of years ago I was in Colorado at a conference. I was sitting at a formal dinner in a funky Victorian Resort in a small town high in the Rockies at a table with people from all over the country, none of which I knew. Somebody commented how many people wearing Gator shirts they saw that day around Rocky Mountain National Park and they started dissing Gator fans for being so arrogant. I couldn't resist. It was a cool evening so I had put a t-shirt under my tux shirt --with a great big Gator head in the middle of the chest. I started to slowly and imperceptibly unbutton the tux studs from the back and when I had loosened all the studs, in the best Clark Kent imitation I could muster, I stood up and revealed the Gator head, saying: "The University of Florida is in Gainesville, the Gator Nation is EVERYWHERE"

Victor said...

Joaq,
Good move on several fronts:
1. Like a great litigator, you planned out your every option and strategy, including route, trip, and romantic getaway;
2. You made sure the trip did not, in any way, disrupt,interfere, or conflict with the college football schedule, and;
3. You made sure the game will be played on the ship on TV.
Excellent work, counsel. Now, what if the weather does not cooperate and the satellite feed is scrambled and you are unable to watch the game? You may have to rely on your fellow bloggers. We will rescue you. Never fear!
Victor