Monday, February 25, 2008
Gator Recruits --Looking Forward to The Fall!
Hi everybody --click on the title for Urban Meyer's analysis of the Gator football team which will take the field this coming fall. Hope all of you are well. Will this be the year the Trojans meet the Gators in the Big One???
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Joaq,
I read the analysis by Coach Meyer. Wow! On paper, you guys are stacked at virtually every position. As opposed to last season, which was dominated by Fr/So, you are now poised with a roster filled with So/Jr. Sounds impressive. Many players back with playing experience. This is invaluable. Add a strong recruiting class and...the possibilities are boundless.
As for SC, we have something like 14 players at the NFL Scouting Combine this year, so, we have lost a tremendous amount of talent. That said, we have so many players who are underclassmen who played a considerable amount of time last year that we still look pretty good. 3 deep at QB, 8 deep at TB, plus some of our strongest linebackers are back for another year (some were considering leaving for the draft) make us a contender, again, for the Pac-10 title. We will need our recruits at O-line to really step up for us to dominate/contend for any title, especially in the strong conference.
As for potential match-ups with either LSU or the Gators this year...it would take a miracle...but, miracles do happen!
Victor
Thanks for your comment, Victor! I can always count on you checking our (now semi dormant) blog! Just wait till the fall!!!!
I've felt for the last few years that the Gators and Trojans are on a collision course and as long as Carroll and Meyer remain at the helm of these two great programs, we're bound to meet in the big one sooner or later. One of the last conversations I had with our dear Andy was about that. I sent him a Gator T-shirt and told him I was going to get me a Trojan T-shirt and when the two teams met in the "Big One" I promised him I would wear the Trojan shirt for a week if the Trojans beat the Gators and expected him to wear the Gator shirt if we prevailed. We had a good laugh over it and I think about that conversation a lot and how much college football means to both of us. When our teams meet it's going to be very emotional for me and I guess all of us. Anyway, love you guys much! Joaq
Post a Comment