Thursday, July 17, 2008
The Enduring Importance of The Awesome Trojans
By way of pre-season kudos to my beloved West Coast Trojan Cousins --and to get them even more pumped up-- I will note that in the piece by Pat Dooley, Gainesville Sun sports writer, a portion of which I posted below a couple of weeks ago, the following sentence appears: "Just enjoy knowing that a September game between Ohio State and Southern Cal will keep you on the edge of your seat." Dooley was talking about just accepting that we won't have a playoff in College Football anytime soon.
But my point is that Dooley is writing in the heart of Gator Country, he bleeds Orange & Blue, he is at the epicenter of the brutal SEC where last year's National Champion was LSU, and the year before that was my beloved Florida, and this year pre-season number one in some polls is Georgia. He could have said Florida-LSU will keep you on the edge of your seat (and it will) or Florida-Georgia or any number of match ups. But he picked Southern Cal-Ohio State as the quintessential important early season game.
Now, before my Gator brethren point out that those games I mentioned are later in the season and that they are every bit as important (and they are), hear this:
1.) I take second place to no one in my Gatormania. I have a Championship Gator Football personally addressed and signed by Urban Meyer to the Fraxedas family calling us "Gators to the Core" in a crystal case in our family room which proves it.
2.) My only point is that the Trojans are important and that their Cardinal and Gold shines so bright that sometimes it even breaks through the gorgeous Orange and Blue glow that surrounds the Gator Nation.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment