Wednesday, October 8, 2008
Apologies
I, like a lot of Gators, was more than a little spoiled in my rant this past Sunday criticizing our team after we beat Arkansas 38-7 and racked up over 500 offensive yards in the process because the victory wasn't "pretty" enough. The truth is that we have all become spoiled and I owe the Gator team and coaches an apology. I'm sorry. I'm grateful we have such a great team with such great players and coaches. It's truly great to be a Florida Gator. It's a privilege. Like the old bumper sticker said: "Cuban by birth, Gator by the Grace of God." I have a strong feeling we are going to beat LSU on Saturday. I'm not kidding. We are going to beat LSU. You heard it here first. I'm on record. If anyone picks LSU on the pickem, it's your own darn fault. GO GATORS!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
Incidentally, I just went to make my picks after I posted this and noticed that Florida is a 6 point favorite over LSU. Not surprised. There's something very powerful brewing in the depths of the Swamp. 'Nuff said.
Joaq,
Nice apology. As for the point spread, with all due respect, I picked LSU. Not to draw your ire, it just seems like a lot of points in a big rivalry game. If Florida wins, it will not be by more than 6 points. The Swamp has great value, and, indeed, something may be brewing, but LSU is stacked and tough. It promises to be a great game.
LuisLeon just called me and he sounds pumped. He is probably heading your way to start partying a couple of days before the game.
Take care and best of luck.
Victor
In my opinion, the spread in favor of Florida is too small. Maybe it'll get larger in a couple of days when the word spreads. Anyway, Saturday will be here soon enough! Have a great week.
Joaq,
Bold statement, for sure. As for Saturday, we, also, have Texas-Oklahoma (#5 vs. #1). Big Saturday of CFA action.
Best of luck.
Victor
Note: I spoke with Luisleon and it seems he is not heading to Gainsville for the game. Maybe he knows something we don't. Maybe he cannot bear witness to what is about to happen. We will see. VMC
Just watch
On the contrary Victor, it seems to me that if we lose, it will only be by a couple points, but if we win...i think it will be by a lot. aside from our loss to Georgia last year (which was by 12) lately we seem to lose nailbiters, and win snoozers...especially in big games. We are a team that doesnt come from behind very well, but if we get on top, we go nuts. We will find out tomorrow!! GO GATORS!!
GO GATORS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You guys were right on the money. Luisleon also knew to stay away from the Swamp.
The blog lives!!
How about 3 of the top 4 teams losing? The Gators defeat of the Tigers helped us all as the BCS picture is sure to get more muddled in the next few weeks.
If Mizzou can rise up after their defeat by OK State and trip the Longhorns, there may be only a couple of major teams left undefeated. There may be hope for all the one-loss teams.
Texas and Alabama now become the targets of everybody else.
As an aside, you guys must have partied late last night as the game ended late and you were all horse from singing..."It is great to be a Florida Gator..."
Well done!!!
Victor
Oops. I am logged in from the home computer as my son, Jose. It is me; Victor
If that one LSU player hadn't trash-talked about putting tebow in the hospital, it would have been a closer game. Seriously...Tebow? Cmon. You don't tug on superman's cape..spit into the wind...etc.
At any rate, sorry luis but I guess it was our turn! go gators!
Post a Comment