Thursday, October 2, 2008
Check Out Below & Fire Dan Mullen
Check out Jason's pictures below. They're pretty cool. Just click on the picture to enlarge.
Unlike the kindly, restrained Hoyas, Gators, like the rest of the SEC, have no patience. Lose one game and you are done. Our National Championship winning "genius" Gator Offensive Coordinator Dan Mullen has incurred the wrath of the Gator Nation by losing to Ole Miss. Now there's a "Fire Dan Mullen Website" Check it out! If we lose this week to Arkansas look for the "fire urban meyer site." I'll post upcoming games soon!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
P.S. Hot off the press. I just finished a mediation with a major Bull Gator. I won't use his name for fear of consequences but let me just say that his name is prominently displayed at the Swamp and he has given millions to the athletic department. I would not put him in the "plugged-in" category. I would put him in the "call-the-shots" category. He hung around my office after the case admiring the big life-size gator sculpture I have prominently displayed and the talk naturally turned to last week's game. I kidded him about the "fire dan mullen website" thinking that he would come to Mullen's defense and was stopped in my tracks by three icy words. "Mullen's in trouble." 'Nuff said. You heard it here first.
Joaq,
Great scoop; right here in our lowly, home-grown blog. Until today, I had never heard of Mullen. Now, grumbling in Gator Land has brought him to the fore.
Keep us posted.
What about Pope Urban and his genius? Isn't he the offensive guru?
Thanks,
Victor
In re Urban, so far the grumbling hasn't got to that level. It starts with his lieutenants. Dan Mullen came with Urban from Utah to run his spread offense. He has not been totally embraced by the Gator Nation because it's not as exciting as the Fun 'N Gun that Spurrier brought. But we won a national championship 2 years ago so the grumbling stopped. Now people are saying it was more the "D" which kept Ohio State to 72 total yards. Or maybe Ohio State is just plain awful and we got lucky. In any event the grumbling has picked up again and gained speed since the Michigan loss. It's focused so far on the lieutenants but if we lose another game the pope is going to start feeling some heat.
Joaq,
Just got back from a Dolphins game where Miami beat San Diego with another fun to watch offensive display. It's not just me saying that there has been a reversal - the Dolphins are playing like the Gators and vice versa. They call the Dolphin offense an Urban offense. What's up with the boring Gators? The Gator defense continues to be lousy as charged but the offense used to be able to keep games interesting.
Rick Frax
I don't know Rick. It's very frustrating. Two theories. The O-Line is decimated and has had weaknesses since the beginning because of pre-season injuries. Two Tebow has been coached to be less of a spark-plug, more toned down because the coaching staff wants an offense that's less dependent on Tebow running. I think he is terribly frustrated and it shows in his face. They are simply not letting "Tebow be Tebow". The bottom line is a terribly boring and sparkless offense. I blame the coaching staff, particularly Offensive Coordinator Dan Mullen. If we have another 8 or 9 win season, Mullen will be gone. I am very concerned about LSU next week. If we play LSU like we played Arkansas we will be killed. At The Swamp. In front of a bunch of Bull Gators who will be looking for Mullen's head on a platter.
Post a Comment