This is Rhonda and JoaqGator this Saturday in the tunnel on the way to our seats (Don's seats) @ The Swamp. We went with our dear friend and my old UF Law School professor, Don Peters, [picture at right] who just joined our mediation firm. We had an absolute blast. It was an evening game and the weather was terrific. OK, it was a little humid (about 185% humidity) but there was a nice breeze and the temp was in the high 70's. We got to see the Gator veterans briefly put on a heck of a scoring show and then we got to see a lot of young and extremely talented true freshmen show their stuff. Everyone played, including the scout team. The speed was blinding and with the exception of a minor injury to one of our offensive linemen nobody on either team was hurt. It was a very fun time. We got to enjoy our new HD super huge stadium jumbotron screens which featured a close up of my son John Fraxedas flanked by two beautiful young women, Jason's wife, Ashley Fraxedas, and her sister, Amanda Knaus. Jason was left out of the frame... maybe next game, Jason. I'll talk with the producer. The flyby was impressive but for some reason, after a gazillion years of doing flybys south to north, this one came from the north and caught everyone looking the wrong way. All in all a wonderful opening. I'll post more pictures on the right. I understand Johnny Cueto was at the Coliseum for the Trojans first scrimmage with "Do You Know the Way to San Jose State?" and he promised to publish a post here with his experiences soon. College football is here! Let's fire up this blog!!! P.S. If you click on the title to this post "The Swamp is..." there is a link to an article in the Gainesville Sun which includes a heartwarming story about Tebow spending time with a disabled kid in a wheelchair which he had invited to the opening game with his family and taking him around the locker room to have the team sign autographs for him just before game time. I don't care if some of you out there may be tired of hearing about Tebow, but he is a super-special kid in every way with a true heart of gold and we'll only have him for a few more weeks. I wish him a healthy and fabulous season, Heisman or no Heisman, Nt'l Title or no Nt'l Title!
Monday, September 7, 2009
The Swamp is a Dangerous Place!
This is Rhonda and JoaqGator this Saturday in the tunnel on the way to our seats (Don's seats) @ The Swamp. We went with our dear friend and my old UF Law School professor, Don Peters, [picture at right] who just joined our mediation firm. We had an absolute blast. It was an evening game and the weather was terrific. OK, it was a little humid (about 185% humidity) but there was a nice breeze and the temp was in the high 70's. We got to see the Gator veterans briefly put on a heck of a scoring show and then we got to see a lot of young and extremely talented true freshmen show their stuff. Everyone played, including the scout team. The speed was blinding and with the exception of a minor injury to one of our offensive linemen nobody on either team was hurt. It was a very fun time. We got to enjoy our new HD super huge stadium jumbotron screens which featured a close up of my son John Fraxedas flanked by two beautiful young women, Jason's wife, Ashley Fraxedas, and her sister, Amanda Knaus. Jason was left out of the frame... maybe next game, Jason. I'll talk with the producer. The flyby was impressive but for some reason, after a gazillion years of doing flybys south to north, this one came from the north and caught everyone looking the wrong way. All in all a wonderful opening. I'll post more pictures on the right. I understand Johnny Cueto was at the Coliseum for the Trojans first scrimmage with "Do You Know the Way to San Jose State?" and he promised to publish a post here with his experiences soon. College football is here! Let's fire up this blog!!! P.S. If you click on the title to this post "The Swamp is..." there is a link to an article in the Gainesville Sun which includes a heartwarming story about Tebow spending time with a disabled kid in a wheelchair which he had invited to the opening game with his family and taking him around the locker room to have the team sign autographs for him just before game time. I don't care if some of you out there may be tired of hearing about Tebow, but he is a super-special kid in every way with a true heart of gold and we'll only have him for a few more weeks. I wish him a healthy and fabulous season, Heisman or no Heisman, Nt'l Title or no Nt'l Title!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Joaq,
Thanks for the stories. You always make us feel as if we were sitting right next to you watching the game from your seats in the Swamp. Did you see any celebs this time? UF has quite a following...even Larry "Chipper" Jones, he of the Atlanta Braves fame, showed up with a Gator jersey for College Game Day! And, that was for an Alabama game. Very brave of him.
As for your Gators, they made quick work of Charleston Heston. Now, the Women of Troy await the guillotine. After that, the Sisters of Mercy await. Very cushy early season schedule. Hopefully, you guys do not get complacent playing such patsies.
Anyways, great pics of you and Rhonda.
As for us, as I told you, we had 30+ people at our house for the SC game. Too hot to venture to the Coliseum. It was just shy of 100 degrees. Johnny was there (he can post about his experiences at the game) as were Elena Katnik (Annie and Andy's youngest...who is a Junior at SC) and Juani (Johnny's son...who is a Sophomore at SC). Hence, for the home games, the family will be very well represented in L.A.
Speaking of which, Antonia (Jose and Anita's oldest child...she is a Junior at Oregon...yes, she came over Sunday night at took a beating for her beloved Ducks losing to Boise State) is drumming up interest in the SC @ Oregon game for late October. Bloggers who are interested in traveling to the Pacific Northwest for the Halloween weekend take note. Big family party in Eugene for October 31st. I cannot make it as I will be in the Bay Area with Jose's (my son) water polo team from FHS (Foothill High School...defending CIF Southern Section, Division 1 Champs)that is invited to a big tournament that same weekend. Just some family info for your bloggers.
Anyways, take care and best of luck to all.
Victor
Victor, Always great to hear from you. It sounds like you had a great get together on Saturday. You've got a lot on your plate with Jose's water polo and the other HS sports. How do you keep up with it?! The answer is that College Football is a Coast to Coast INSANITY. This morning I was at a mediation at a big downtown firm (I took my tie picture there)and I noticed that on the desk of one of the the partners I was working with was a "Florida Playbook" and he was poring over X's and O's between negotiations."Goal Line-Normal" "Shotgun-4WR Trio" "Shotgun-Empty Trey" -- He made me a copy. It was really a copy of the NCAA 2010 College Football Video Game playbook, not the real "UF Playbook", but this lawyer who makes $450/hr + is sitting there going over offensive plays and writing notes! This past weekend I bought a book on "Florida Defensive Schemes" and now I go to sleep going over X's & O's. We are all CRAZY!!!
Victor, in response to your question re celebs: Although it's not Southern California, The Swamp, as you noted, is often attended by celebrities who always want to hang out in the Gator locker room after the game. Other than my son, John, Ashley Fraxedas and Amanda Knaus who were featured in a close up on the Jumbo Gator Screens, I didn't see any other celebrities. I looked for my buddy Doc Rivers on the sidelines but didn't see him. But, I have a habit of sitting next to celbrities and not knowing who they are --just ask Nora!
Post a Comment