Tuesday, April 29, 2008

The blog is dead right now but

for those still checking in, the Orlando Magic have moved on to round 2 of the NBA playoffs after beating the refs last night. Oops, did I say refs? I meant Toronto of course. Well, not really. The refs desperately tried to keep the game(s) close, but the Magic were far too good. Toronto's players spent most of the series throwing themselves on the floor and looking up at the refs with a feigned shocked look, hoping to win at the free throw line. At one point, after absorbing one of countless ruthless fouls, Magic center Dwight Howard mockingly windmilled his arms and acted like he was about to fall down. Tiff and I got a great laugh out of it (Dwight is generally considered the most powerful, though perhaps not the heaviest center in the NBA right now).

No comments: