Sunday, July 13, 2008

I am!

But haven't been checking in too often with so little chat activity. All the same, really getting excited about football season, trying not to jinx the gators with too much positive thinking - but probably failing. In other football news, did you see Bret Favre do another fake-out retirement? I laughed when I read that this time, the team doesn't want him back. He is the boy who cried wolf too many times.

5 comments:

John Frax said...

hahah that's a good one... how old is that guy getting, anyway?

Joaquin said...

I'm also trying not to jinx our Gators so I'm trying to lay low and not say too many positive things. Along this line, we just lost two defensive backs --safeties-- Munroe and Curtis for the season as a result of practice injuries. OK, I know we got some serious five stars --as in Will Hill-- chomping at the bit but I'll just be negative for now. Hahaha

Victor said...

Gang,
I saw a blog on the Gators who were injured. Bummer!!!
SC lost a super talented linebacker (Chris Gallippo) who was our #1 recruit last season who hurt his back, had surgery, and missed all of last season. Now, I heard that he hurt his back (again) and may require another surgery. Bad news. He played locally at Servite High School (an all boys Catholic school) and was a can't miss prospect. Now, his career may be in jeopardy.
We, also, lost a linebacker who was arrested on a felony. Nice touch, huh? As Cubans would say..."que comemierda!!!".
Take care and keep rocking.
Victor

Rob said...

Favre is 39 I think. "A" for effort, but maybe it's time to coach some QB's or something. He's already broken most big QB records, so - just take it easy man!

Sucks to loose good players to injuries or foolishness - what can you do, just chalk it up to the preseason x factor. Cheers!

Rob said...

Favre is 39 I think. "A" for effort, but maybe it's time to coach some QB's or something. He's already broken most big QB records, so - just take it easy man!

Sucks to loose good players to injuries or foolishness - what can you do, just chalk it up to the preseason x factor. Cheers!