Thursday, August 28, 2008
How do I get an Iowa banner up at the top of the blog?
Thanks for the invite. Happy to join the fellowship. Blame Nora for me being here, but I was wondering if it would be too much to ask to get some Big Ten representation on the e-masthead up there. Just floating a balloon here, but wondering about an Iowa banner. If I've already overstepped my welcome, again, blame Nora. She also suggested I voice my feelings that the Big Ten conference is the premiere athletic conference in the nation, but that's no way to make friends when just stepping into this big tent.
Cheers,
Ted Hawkeye
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
A Hearty Heartland Welcome, Mr. Big Ten!!! We've been in need of Big Ten representation on the blog for some time and you are the first. Please pick an appropriate image for the Iowa Hawkeyes with the proper logo and send to me, Joaq, at jjfraxedas@gmail.com. I'll forward it to my son Rob who is our blogmaster and designer of banners. He is leaving on a seven day cruise with his bride so it may be a while. I don't know how he goes about designing and putting banners up, it's a little too technical for me. As far a posting, you've obviously mastered it. Welcome again and join the conversation. Did you check out my recent posting about the adventure of three bloggers who had never met just below? I'm still a little groggy from too much milk. Talk to you soon! Joaq
Theodore,
Welcome to the best damn blog on the planet. We are stronger with you than without you...okay, maybe we were stronger without you...but I always wanted to write that on a blog.
All kidding aside, we have been in dire need of a Big-10 presence (or, lack thereof) since the inception of the blog. Most of us thought we would have someone join from one of the perennial Big-10 powerhouses (e.g. Ohio State, Michigan, or Northwestern (they were routed by SC in a semi-recent Rose Bowl)). But, to have a Hawkeye join is so unexpected as to defy logic. This is fantastic!!!
Now, for those of you that actually read...today's L.A. Times called Ohio State the #1 team in the Nation, the #2 team in the Pac-10 (since they will, presumably, lose to SC when they visit the Coliseum), and the #3 team in the SEC (Since they have already been handed their jock straps by both Florida and LSU). Not bad for the Big-10 representative in the title game.
All kidding aside; I have never visited Iowa (and I probably never will as I am afraid to be so far from a body of water...or any type of body for that matter); but, I love my favorite line from my favorite movie......"Is this heaven...No; It's Iowa".
Hence, I love Iowa. Welcome.
Take care,
Victor
Post a Comment