Wednesday, October 15, 2008
Terrific Pictures: Elena Katnik, Jose, Victor, Nora & Annie
To the right are some absolutely wonderful pictures of Elena Katnik, Jose Cueto, Victor Cueto & Nora Clayton during those glorious moments in "tailgate heaven" before the USC - Oregon game. Below those pictures is one of Nora and Annie Katnik at Moonshadows -- a great restaurant in Malibu. Looks like the weather was "football terrific". Here in Florida, at the Swamp, we usually have to wait for November games before we can wear jackets. I'm envious. Way to go Coast-to-Coast tailgaters!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Please click on the title to this post above "Terrific Pictures..." and it will take you to a Picassa Web Album where you can see a slideshow of the photos in higher resolution. Enjoy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
Joaq,
Thanks for posting the pics. We not only had a great time, we converged from many diverse parts and locals: Nora and I came up from the O.C.; Jose came in from Sacto; Elena walked from her off-campus apartment. How cool is that? And, as I said previously, Antonia flew in from Oregon (only to see her beloved Ducks get turned into duck soup). No Quack Attack was visible in the Coliseum.
Got to run.
Victor
I'm sorry about Antonia but I'm glad you all had a great time. I've just edited the posting to include a web album if you click on the title! Take care, Joaq
Thanks, Joaq.
The pictures in the gallery look great. Magnifico!!
What do you think? Are the Gators and Trojans on a collision course?
We are destined to play somebody (other than Auburn or Arkansas) from the SEC.
See if you can arrange a Florida-USC game in the near future.
Thanks,
Victor
Joaq,
Did you notice...in one picture, I had a chocolate chip cookie in my right hand and in the other, I had a glass of wine. Just to let you know, I had all the food groups covered. Fiber in one hand, and the nectar of the gods in the other.
Out.
Victor
Yes, Victor, I did notice you had a chocolate chip cookie in one hand and a glass of wine in the other... That's what a call a real man!!!
In terms of USC-Fla collision, I think it's our destiny. I don't know if you saw my comment below about that and my conversations with our dear Andy but I'll attach it below. Yes, absolutely, it would be sheer unmitigated fun and the blog would be on fire. Also I think the Pete Carroll and Urban Meyer have much in common.
Below is my earlier comment:
Victor, great take as always. One of the last things I told our beloved Andy during a telephone conversation not long before he left us was that I thought his Trojans and my Gators were destined to meet in "The Big One". I even sent him a Gator T-Shirt and told him to hide it somewhere and promise to wear it for a week if we beat them and I would of course wear a Trojan T-shirt if the Trojans beat us. We both looked forward to the birth of a new coast-to-coast rivalry. If it comes to pass, we must dedicate the tailgate and game to Andy. And, if your beloved Trojans beat us, as much as the loss would sting, I will promise to wear a Trojan T-Shirt in honor of Andy!
Dear Joaquin,
I was wondering about the t-shirt because Elena brought it up saying it was in her room at USC. It reminds her of Andy, yet she said she did not know why her father had a Gator's shirt...the mystery is solved. Another side benefit of the blog...untangling mysteries.
Thanks for the pictures. You have become so high-tech!
Wow, the gator t-shirt I sent Andy is at Elena's room in USC! How profound and moving. I don't know if I can take the emotion if we ever play each other. The cascade of conflicting passions would be overwhelming. A titanic coast-to-coast intra family clash full of tears and pride. Who could bear the sound, who could bear the fury?
Gang,
I can bear it because it would be so much FUN!!! Imagine, no matter the outcome, a bunch of us would be happy. What is wrong with that?
I love the T-Shirt story. If they ever play in the "Big One", we will have to submit an article to some type of publication, maybe even the L.A. Times. A big blog story if there ever was one.
Take care,
Victor
For sure. We must play in the big one and tailgate together and sit together whatever it takes in honor of Andy! And, whoever wins, I, for one, will be very happy.
Post a Comment