skip to main |
skip to sidebar
13th Week Recap
- Ole Miss 31 LSU 13 - Gang, Ole Miss is for real. They put the hurt on the Gators at The Swamp back in September and now they beat LSU in Death Valley. Houston Nutt has a lot to be proud of. That "Wild Rebel" (Formerly 'Wild Hog') formation should not be taken lightly. It works. It works so well the Gators used it this Saturday, (Now newly dubbed the "Wild Gator.") It was fun to watch. Sorry about that Luisleon. You guys should try the "Wild Tiger." ...After you get a new quarterback.
- Iowa 55 Minnesota 0 - Man, Hawkeye Ted, Iowa is romping stomping back! You guys seriously spanked Minnesota last night. As I was coming out of The Swamp yesterday afternoon (before your game against Minnesota), I ran into a guy proudly wearing a Hawkeye cap. I shook his hand and personally thanked him for taking Penn State out of our way. A bunch of Gators around me did the same, yelled, "Go Hawks!!!" and wished your Hawkeyes well against Minn. I guess it worked. You guys went crazy against a bowl bound Minnesota team. I love College Football!
- Florida 70 Citadel 19 - It was a beautiful day at The Swamp. Perfect football weather. Although The Citadel played their hearts out and fought valiantly, it was over early in the first quarter. It truly was a scrimmage. The Gator first team was taken out early in the second quarter and the Gator Rudy's got to play most of the game. There's a heartwarming "Rudy" story I will post separately under "Cuban Rudy".
3 comments:
Joaq,
I thought Pete Carroll had the comment of the week. When told the Trojans moved up one spot in the dreaded BCS standings after not playing, he quipped, "maybe we should take another week off and see if we keep moving up. I do not get it; we shredded 3 straight opponents and could not move up; now, we have a bye and we move up. I think we should not play again this year as we move up when we do not play." What a wacky system! We need Texas and Oklahoma to lose and for the Gators to take out the Tide; then, it's Gators vs. Trojans!!!! Our dream come true match-up. Still a chance.
Victor
Victor, Yeah, BCS is absolutely crazy. At least our president-elect agrees we should go to a play off system. I absolutely agree that the best match up would be FL/USC and it still may happen. But first we have to take care of business. FSU is coming up this weekend and it's a very tough team. They are back and much more of a threat than people realize. Also, we will be without two of our starting defensive linemen as a result of injuries. This is crucial for us to stop the run and control FSU's O-Line. Oh well, you know I'm a worrier... but this is for real! Take care. Go Trojans!
Joaq,
Go Gators. Crush the Semiloles.
You guys have to win out, hope for several teams to lose, and then we can play each other and stop all this nonsense.
take care,
Victor
Post a Comment