Saturday, November 15, 2008
I raise my white flag...
I'd like to take this moment to explain my recent fall from power in the Football Pick 'em. I have only one thing to say and that is that Cuban blood runs thick! Although I am a proud, exaggerated, 3rd generation Cuban, it's a matter of fact that through these years of lineage, unfortunate traits, on occasion, seep through. What I'm saying is that not only do I get regular criticism from others for my punctuality (or lack there of), this poor quality has seemingly affected my long-standing, 1st then 2nd place position in the blog. Yes people, although confident in my team choosing abilities (for those of you who know my strategy, plead the 5th), I have fallen in the rankings due to my late team selections. In my defense, I have no defense...these are my roots, love 'em or leave 'em and I prefer to love 'em. I wouldn't change it for the world (unless it meant the satisfaction of a 1st place football pick 'em!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Natalie, What's this about falling behind? You are playing with one hand tied behind your back by not completing everything and you are still way up there!!!!??? I think you are messing with us! Go Trojans!
Joaq and Nat,
She is not messing with us. She is suffering from a bout of TCE (Typical Cuban Exaggeracion). Her tardiness and the explanation of her current ailments/status/falling in the standings is a symptom of the larger illness we have diagnosed as TCE. I cannot go into it in detail here (for that, itself, would be a strain of TCE); suffice to say it is dangerous and contagious. Please watch out for this dreaded disease. Mere mention of it is peligrosisimo, if you know what I mean.
Got to run. Fear of an outbreak of TCE has enveloped my being.
Victor
Post a Comment