Friday, November 21, 2008

Victor Son's Water Polo Team --Foothill-- Reaches Finals!!!!!

Victor's son's (Jose) Foothill's Water Polo Team has made it to the pinnacle of water polo by reaching the CIF Southern Section Division I Finals. The match-up is between the top 2 teams in Southern California, Foothill and El Toro. The match will be held tomorrow (Saturday) evening at 8 p.m. (Pacific) at the Woolett Swim Complex in Irvine, located between Culver and Jeffrey on Walnut (much closer to Culver); South of the 5 Fwy. Parking is going to be a bear as, at virtually the same time, the Division II final, pitting Mater Dei against Servite, will, also, be held at Woolett!
For the semi-finals this past Wednesday night, we parked on the other side of the park and walked in as the front (main) parking lot is too small to accommodate all attending.
Let me know if you are planning on going. Parking and tickets will be a problem. We plan on getting there at least 30 minutes before the game.
Note: A little history...Foothill and El Toro played just 2 weeks ago in their league final. FHS prevailed in a thriller, 11-10, in double overtime. More history...although I am not sure, Foothill has made it to the water polo finals a coupe of times over their long and illustrious history, however, I do not believe they have won. Can they break through? We will see. VMC
GO KNIGHTS!!!
Indeed, Victor there is other life outside College Football. Congratulations Knights!!! Go forth and bring home a trophy!

3 comments:

Victor said...

Joaq,
Thanks for posting my notes as to Jose's team making it to the Finals. The Knights played valiantly, before a crowd of almost 3,000 people (pretty impressive for high school water polo...don't you think?), and came away with the victory, 8-6!!! Foothill has now captured their 2nd CIF (California Interscholastic Federation) Division I championship in their history. Jose was so pumped. We had a great victory party that started at 10:30 p.m. since the game ended so late. Great for the team, coaches, parents, and players; especially the seniors. Jose is back next year as the Knights go for back-to-back. He will be in the goal, starting for the Knights, who lose all their starters, except 1, but have a bumper crop of Juniors to fill their speedos. We can't wait.
Thanks, again, for the posting.
Victor

Joaquin said...

Congratulations to Jose and the Knights on a great victory!!! I wish I could have been in Southern Cal so I could have gone to the game. Don't tell Willy but a crowd of 3,000 is more than the usual attendance at Georgetown football games! Maybe I'll make a game next year when Jose is starting goal!

Victor said...

Oh, Yeah, baby!!! Now, you are talking. The water polo action is fierce and brief. Even Nora enjoys the games. Natalie and her boyfriend, Ryan (who is a former Foothill water polo player), went to the game and enjoyed the action. As for G-town, they have a few years to go to re-establish themselves in football.
Victor