Tuesday, December 18, 2007
I bleed cardinal and gold
I would like to say a whole-hearted and long awaited hello to you all! After hearing that a blog had been taking place all season long without my knowledge (how dare you all talk college football behind my back) I demanded an invitation! I'm glad to be a part of the bowl game showdown! Like Ashley, I'll contribute something more substantial when I have the time... and when I'm not at work! Fight on!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
great to see you on!! hope all is well!
Great Michelle. Welcome, again. When you have time, take a look at the blog I posted titled "The Greatest Game Ever Played". I mention your dad prominently (always sad but inspiring).
Love and welcome!
Victor
Victor, great post! I always LOVE hearing about my dad in his college years. I can see him jumping up and down, remaining confident that his Trojans would make a come back. A true fan. Dad eminated the Trojan spirit... I'm so glad it's something I share with him. I remember growing up, he'd sit in his chair, with his eyes glued to the TV, and he'd watch SC battle it out on the football field. Losing quite a bit as I recall... but they were his team. No matter what. I love that I walked the same hallways, same campus, and I know what it's like to sit in that student section. I loved calling dad from campus because I felt like he was able to relive his SC experience thru me. It was an unspoken understanding... my joy was his joy. He gave me a great gift... my love for "The University" and the Trojan family! Fight on!
Michelle, your comment was beautiful. That's what this blog's all about:Love & Memories. Although I didn't get to spend much time with your Dad, the time I did was precious and will always be with me. I always felt a strong bond with him because we share the same abiding passion for our schools --win or lose. And, talk about losing, when I was at UF the Gators were the kings of losing. They were the doormats of the SEC. But we hung in there, game after game. No matter how bad it got, I never left a game --utterly refused to leave a game-- till we sang the Alma Mater --and still don't. Of course, today things are much better. Love to have you in the blog!!!
Post a Comment