Monday, March 24, 2008

S.W.A.T

Did anyone happen to watch the 1st half of the Memphis-Miss St. matchup yesterday? That was some of the most amazing defense I've ever seen, on both sides. Almost every shot inside the perimeter was swatted mercilessly by guys that seemed to be in the air more than on the ground. Incredible. I recall one of the blockers landing on the ground, crossing his arms and shaking his head, clearly expressing "there will be no inside game today."

2 comments:

Joaquin said...

Good take, Rob & Great Picture. Sometimes I think the athleticism of the baskeball players is the greatest... But then, we're in March. Wait till September and we start seeing the incredible endzone leaping catches with double coverage!

Victor said...

Rob,
I am making up for lost blog time before I head off to lunch. I did not see the game you referenced, however, you were prophetic in that Memphis is so athletic. I did not see them play a single game this year until the other day. Their domination of a strong UCLA team was very impressive. Think about this: Memphis is 38-1, one of the best records ever posted in college basketball. As a matter of fact, they are the first team to win 38 games in a season. Now, I realize that the season is longer and there are more games, but it is still an impressive record. And, once you see them play, their speed, size, and athleticism really shows. Kansas is strong and big and fast, however, you have to like Memphis' chances tonight. I picked Kansas in the blog, but I think they lose tonight. Memphis is simply too fast. And, even though they do not have a traditional center, they can all leap out of the building, so their team size for match-up purposes is amazing.
Go Tigers and enjoy the game tonight.
Victor