Wednesday, January 2, 2008
Congratulations Trojans!!!!!
A hearty and heartfelt congratulation to all my Trojan kin on a terrific victory over Illinois! What an impressive offensive and defensive performance by the mighty Trojans. 633 total offensive yards! Could that be right??? I'm at the office and haven't rechecked the stats but I'm pretty sure that's what I read in the paper boxscore this morning. (Or was that both teams combined???) I'm doubting myself now. Amazing! Watching the Trojans spank the Illini (what a silly name) and knowing that my dear cousins and nephews and nieces (and specially Andy) were enjoying the heck out of the game took some of the sting out of the Gator loss. Really. Whatever voice I had left after our game, I lost screaming for the Trojans. And then, later, for our historic SEC rivals, the Georgia Dawgs, tearing up that fake little team from the Aloha State. Sorry, Victor, but when you told me that you switched to Hawaii I was about to say, "Are you crazy, man??!!" But I was too "demored" (demoralized) at the time, as my boys like to say. Anyway congratulations again! And may the force continue to be with you! Fight On!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Joaq,
Thanks for the props for the Trojans. You are correct; the 633 yards in total offense is a record for the Rose Bowl. We were on the 1-yard line, about to score, when time expired. Had we punched it in, we would have set the record for points, as well.
As for Hawaii, yes, I have gone crazy. I switched to them in a last ditch effort to bolt from last place into contention with the contrarian/underdog theory.
Look at WVU last night!!!
Tonight, I need Kansas to come up big against V Tech. Underdogs all the way!
Last note on SC: They have peaked at the right time. Right now, as I stated earlier, they would be favored against any team in the top ten. A four team playoff (OSU, LSU, WVU (replacing OU) and SC) would be fantastic! Ah, to dream...
Victor
Post a Comment