Thursday, November 29, 2007
SC/UCLA Memory
Victor--Your waxing of the SC/UCLA rivalry/game is extremely vivid. It brought me back to the only SC/UCLA game I attended and it was with you. I remember it well. We dropped Gordie and Nancy at LAX and then drove to the Rose Bowl for the game. It was an incredible day in SoCal. One of those rare ones that was extremely clear and as we drove out to Pasadena you could see the mountains (read: no smog) and it was spectacular! We got into the Lite beer tent somehow (Victor's pre-lawyer negotiating skills I'm sure) and drank for free (gotta love that huh?). We sat in the end zone and I believe John Katnik was at Center for the Trojans. Thinking hard about it, I believe this had to be the 1986 game. Funny when you think about John Katnik. He was our Center on the aforementioned TJAAF Jr. Pee-Wee Blazers in 1974 and I was the QB (sometimes). But what a great day and I believe a great win for SC. Thanks for the memory Vic and I believe I need to thank you for the ticket as well.
As for your question Joaq...no I don't think Mizzou will beat OU, but then again, I didn't think Mizzou was going to beat KU! Lastly, if Mizzou and WVU play in the championship, will anybody really watch? But that will be better than seeing OSU getting wiped out again. I hope, for SC's sake, that OSU goes to the Rose Bowl and we get back to what's right in college football...the Pac 10 and Big 10 (11?) in Pasadena.
OK, one more, I'm in Vegas right now and won money on my Ags in hoops last night. While I was enjoying Danny Gans, they were taking down 'Bama last night AND covered! Another SEC team goes down at the hands of the Ags...Whoop!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Pete,
Thanks for remembering. I recall some of what you said; none of anything else.
I remember being stuck in a horrendous traffic jam and passing beer from one car to another (remember a guy passing us a cold Heineken to enjoy in bumper to bumper traffic?). Slightly illegal, but there was no chance of being pulled over because it was absolute gridlock!!
I do not remember getting us into a tent, but the thought of drinking free beer is always a good thought.
As for the game, I think we won.
As for the ticket, you still owe me!!!
Always a pleasure inviting you to anything. You are my guest forever!!
Victor
Post a Comment