Sunday, January 13, 2008

Andrew Michael Ends Speculation - Declares for USC!

Andrew Michael Santarosa, son of Teresa and Michael, nephew of Michelle, Natalie, Nora, Victor, Jose and Johnnie and first grandson of Andy and Ana Maria Katnik was born this Friday in Sacramento, California. He came in at 9lbs 13oz. Mother, father, and baby are doing well and are accepting congratulations from their coast to coast family and friends. When the news broke, team jets with senior coaching staffs were immediately dispatched and headed to Sacramento from all over the country including Gainesville, Fl., Baton Rouge, La. , Ann Arbor, Mi., the Nittany Valley in Pennsylvania and, of course, Southern California, among other places. Andrew Michael ended all speculation on Sunday when he donned a Trojan T-shirt and cap and declared for USC. Head Coach Pete Carroll was ecstatic, pumping his arms in the air and yelling, "Fight On! Fight On!" He told the press, "With Andrew Michael the Trojans will extend their dominance of college football well into the first quarter of the twenty-first century. I am very pleased." Joe Paterno of Penn State seemed dejected. "Santarosa is an Italian name. I thought we had him," the octogenarian coach told the gathered sports writers. University of Florida Gators Head Coach, Urban Meyer, was more philosophical. "USC is such an outstanding team, they have so much depth at every position that I still think we have a shot. I'm not giving up on such a terrific prospect... look at Moody," he told the Sacramento Bee as he boarded his orange and blue plane on his way back to Gainesville. Coach Meyer was referring to Emmanuel Moody, the All-American running back who transferred from USC to Florida this past year.

5 comments:

Nora said...

Thanks for the post, Joaquin. It was great fun witnessing the birth of another member of this family. There is still nothing like a birth and would not have missed it for anything. Love to all from an elated CTCSB member.

Victor said...

Joaq,
Great post!! We were gathered at Nora and Nick's last night and all enjoyed your post thoroughly.
When you see the pictures, you will be convinced (as may be Pete Carroll) that another great Trojan was, indeed, born. The Big Andy in the Sky has been reincarnated. He finally got his boy, with the big, trademark, Popeye forearms to boot! Big hands, too. He does not even fit into the newborn diapers. Ahead of the curve, without steroids or supplements.
Anyways, take care.
Victor

Joaquin said...

He is, indeed, a beautiful child. Nora and Natalie sent me the pic's and I've got them downloaded.Big as all get out. Que familia!

Michelle said...

What a fantastic post!! I haven't even met baby Andrew-- I head home this weekend so I can finally put the "little" bundle of joy in my arms!! Elena (freshman at USC) and I bought baby Andrew tons of USC gear for Christmas so regardless of his size, being a part of USC was inevitable :) The next generation Trojan fan has been born... it brings tears to my eyes!

Fight on!

Rob said...

Congratulations!!! What a joyous post!! Can't wait to meet the newest USC "hoss"! Much love from me and Tiffany!