Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Buckeye Arrogant Trash Talk - Great LA Times Article

Gang, If you click on the title to this post it will take you to a great article in the L.A. Times by Bill Plaschke. The gist of the article is that the arrogance of Ohio State and their fans is unbearable. It focuses on the trash talk earlier this week by Buckeye wide receiver Ray Small saying that USC has no class and implying that the Trojans don't play "real" football. Here's a sample:
  • "In varying forms, I've been hearing Small's comments since Tressel and Carroll were both hired eight years ago. It's as if Ohio State folks believe they invented the game, while USC has only exploited it. Ohio State plays football, USC entertains with it. Ohio State teaches football, USC taunts with it. Blah, blah, blah. This condescending attitude is so prevalent in Ohio that this summer, even former Trojan Carson Palmer, who works in Cincinnati and never criticizes anybody, couldn't help himself. 'I cannot stand the Buckeyes', he said in an interview... "
Boy, does that sound familiar!! Two years ago when Florida was about to play Ohio State the arrogance and condescension coming from the Buckeyes was overwhelming. "Florida doesn't play 'real' football". "The Gators don't deserve to be on the same field with the Buckeyes." "Those Sunshine Sissies are about to find out what 'Smash Mouth' football is all about." Well... I think the whole world saw what real football, SEC style, looks like and this Saturday they're about to see what real football, PAC-10 style, looks like. Go Trojans!

7 comments:

Victor said...

Joaq,
The Plaschke article was a classic. He is one of the top sports writers in the country. He definitely does not like the Buckeyes, for sure.
As for your post, I am not sure which I liked best:
1. Your post, or;
2. The Trojans coming out of the tunnel, about to set foot on the gridiron at the Coliseum in the home, Cardinal and Gold uniforms, or;
3. The picture of the SC song girls in their classic summer uniforms (short skirts, sleeveless/mid-drift tops...(I better stop there).
Bloggers, please vote on your favorite of the 3 mentioned above. Results to remain confidential.
Victor

Joaquin said...

Victor--

Well, here's my confidential vote...
Door #3!!! After your call for a vote, I was tempted to post a picture of the Gator Dazzlers and really make it difficult but this week belongs to the Trojans!!! Have a great rest of the week!!

Nora said...

Boys, boys, boys. Your age is showing!

Michelle said...

Oh auntie nora... do they ever grow up?! ;)

But I've gotta say there's nothing hotter then men in football uniforms (esp. when those uniforms are cardinal and gold) - my vote is definitely on #2!

Joaquin said...

Way to go, Michelle!! While we are on the subject of Cardinal and Gold, I think all my beloved Trojan relatives should know that I, Joaq, did something completely unprecedented today. Every Friday, during football season, it has been my unchanging routine for many years to wear an Orange and Blue tie(I have about 37 of them in my closet). Today, since the Gators have a bye week, I wore a Cardinal & Gold tie, in honor of the Trojans. It was so shocking to my colleagues that one of the lawyers in my case this morning was aghast, "Why are you wearing FSU Garnet & Gold????? Have you lost your mind???!!!" To which I calmly replied it's not Garnet & Gold, It's Cardinal & Gold in honor of the Trojans! Ok, guys, that's how stoked I am about this weekend's USC v Ohio State game! P.S. Fellow Gators, don't be too harsh on me. It truly was Cardinal & Gold, I can send you a picture of the tie for close color inspection!

Nora said...

Michelle, love the picture of you dressed in USC finest, so if it is favorite pictures, I vote for you! Yes, we are all excited for the big game. Tailgater tomorrw at either my house or Victor's. We even have a U of F Gator in our midst and in the mix so it should be great fun. I never thought I would say this: GO TROJANS!

Victor said...

Could it be possible...both Norita and Joaq jumping in "big time" for the Trojans? Is this truly possible?
As for Michelle, welcome back. Your blog silence has been deafening.
We have Ricardo Fraxedas here to join us for a home version of the tailgater. We thought it best to see the game in the comfort of our home rather than brave the Coliseum, although I love going to games there...come to think of it, it would be a great story to go. We will see. It is a long-shot, but you never know.
My brother, Johnny, has a ticket so he will be there. His son, Juani, is a freshmen and has procured a ticket and my niece, Elena Katnik (Michelle's sister) will be there. Que familia!!!
Long live the blog, long live our familia, and GO TROJANS!!!!!!
Victor