Wednesday, September 24, 2008
Countdown to Thursday
Finally a Thursday game that means something. The mighty Trojans take their #1 rank into Corvallis, Oregon to teach the Beavers a lesson. We haven't forgotten their miracle victory 2 years ago. Thursday is payback. Look for a blowout - by halftime. By the way, love all the new photos in the blog.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
i will definitely be watching the game (and enjoying some trojan football). no contest!
Johnny,
I agree. The Trojans appear to be hitting on all cylinders. OSU has no chance tomorrow. The score is the only thing in doubt, not the winner.
Rob, try to enjoy the game, although it starts at 9 p.m. on the East Coast; semi-late game.
The Gators have an easy game against 'Ol Miss (I love the "'Ol" aspect of Mississippi name...I always have wondered where that came from...one of those mysteries of the Deep South), then a monster game against LSU in the swamp. That should be one of the marquee match-ups of the year.
Best of luck to all.
Victor
On Thursday we'll all be watching the Trojans dismantle OSU... again! I'm not so sure that 'Ol Miss will be all that easy. They gave us a hard time last year and they will again on Saturday. They have the "Wild Rebel" formation which is essentially the offensive scheme that the Dolphins used last Sunday to beat the Patriots. Meyer takes 'Ol Miss very seriously. They might be the toughest challenge to our D secondary we've faced this year. They have a very good quarterback. But then, Victor, as you know, I would worry if we were playing the Sisters of Charity. I would even worry if we were playing Ohio State... NOT!
Joaq,
Just put Notre Dame on your schedule...they are about as tough as the Sisters of Charity, or El Vedado Tennis Club!
Victor
Victor,
For Sure. It would be fun to host the Irish at The Swamp. We have a world-class neurosurgery and orthopedic center nearby at UF Shands so Charley Weiss would be well cared for in the event Tebow runs into him on the sidelines!
Joaq,
Speaking of Weiss, he appears over-matched as a head coach. If they go sub-par this year and next, he will be out faster than you can say "ACL/MCL tear". The Irish are slow getting slower.
Take care and enjoy the game tonight. With kid commitments tonight, I may miss most of the 1st half.
Bye, for now.
Victor
Post a Comment