Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Hi Everyone

Thank you for the invitation. I hope to add tidbits of commentary now and then to this spectacular aggregation of like-minded "guanajos". Over the next few days I will be letting everyone know why Georgetown is in fact the best. In the interim ... go Hoyas.

11 comments:

Joaquin said...

Welcome Requejo, Joaq here!!! I'm the good looking one in the blue shirt to the right. My brother Rick is in orange. Check our postings about the UF Hawaii game this past saturday. Love those Hoyas...who doesn't??

requejo said...

Hola Joaquin, ¿ya te olvidaste de mi? Nos conocimos cuando salio tu libro. Te tengo que mandar el mio. Mientras tanto abrazos. Willy (Requejo)

Joaquin said...

It's been a long day, Willie :)

Joaquin said...

I really want to read your book! Can I get it from Amazon? Go Hoyas!!

luisleon said...

Well well well! something just doesn't seem quite right...Mr. Willy-san engages College Football. Heavy influence from the USC clan perhaps? Does Georgetown have a football team (in addition to their Curling Program).

Compadre! Good to see you on board! Let's get you started easy:

Football 101:
- 10 yards = 1st down
- Like many other sports (except baseball) there is a game clock
- Touchdowns are sort of like home runs - only you get 6 points - impossible in baseball on account you only have four bases. (Although, I understand the MLB Commish is currently hearing arguments to allow for players off the bench to be allowed to run the bases after a home run in order to achieve the desired 6 pts like in football - the door was opened by the "Instant Replay Policy" recently adopted).

If you're looking to side with a winning team, Joaq and I strongly urge you to choose one of the SEC teams. Even Ole Miss would do!

Good to see you Papi!

Victor said...

Luisleon,
Yes; indeed, G-Town has a football team. The sport was disbanded by the Jesuit Priests as too gruesome and brutal (read: "too expensive) a few years ago. Now, having "seen the light", they have decided to give football a rebirth. I think they are D-II. Please find out.
See you
Victor

requejo said...

Alas poor Yorick, I knew him well Horatio... a man of most infinite jest and most noble fancy. Thank you for the pedogogical input Mssr. Leon. Not only does Georgetown have a football team, they also have literary classes which require a certain level of cognitive capabilities.

Great to see you up here as well. A little pressure from the SC crowd but they promised to be gentle.

Now, if we could only get some of this outstanding group of individual to play a little fantasy baseball next year, I could die and go to baseball heaven. Go Angels.

Joaquin said...

Luisleon---

Glad you're checking the blog you crazy cuban cajun. Tennessee whimped out on the SEC --AGAIN. Let the PAC-10 fly high... for now.

Oye, cabronski, email me the pictures you took in Ponte Vedra so I can post them on the blog!!

Anonymous said...

Now that I have mastered the art of "printing" in a blog, I need a 5 week intensive course detailing how to post "photos" on this site. J/K - this means just kidding to those out of the loop.

Joaquin said...

Actually, Johnny, I really would like to post more West Coast Pictures. The easiest way is for you to email me the pictures as an attachment and I will post them right away. It will spare you computer headaches. Also, Luisleon, please send me the pictures from last week in Jax. Honest, they are not that compromising. I saw your hand on that girl's thigh. Big deal!

Victor said...

Problem is the girl was actually a man (although quite attractive, I was told).
Victor