Thursday, September 4, 2008
COLLEGE PICK'EM IS HERE!!!!!
Hi all!
Albeit a week late, here is another way we can talk smack and compete against each other. Plus, it gives people like me reason actually gloat when bowling green upsets pit, instead of just thinking "really? thanks for showing up this season Pit".
I just sent you all an email invite to join the league (at least i hope i got you all - let me know if i am missing anyone).
Its a setup similar to the bowl pickem we did last year.
-You follow the link and choose a name.
-The password (if you need it) is "gameday" without the quotes.
-Once you get your name setup you can make your picks for the week.
The format I chose uses a "beat the spread" system. What this means is this - as an example: UF is a 21 point favorite to beat Miami this weekend. If you choose UF, it doesn't mean you think UF is simply going to beat Miami, it means you are betting that UF will "cover the spread" and beat miami by at least 21 points. That said, if you pick miami, you will win even if miami loses, just so long as they dont lose by more than 21 points.
I chose not to include confidence points with this. I figured that having to deal with confidence points would triple the time it would take to make picks, and I know some of you - not me :) - actually have lives and/or are involved in other leagues where green things are the wager and the stakes are a little higher.
You can make your pick up until 5 minutes before each game. You can also opt to have the league send you a reminder email and let you know its time to make your picks. If anyone has any questions or trouble getting on let me know at jfraxeda@law.stetson.edu
Incidentally, i will be in gainesville for the game this weekend, so look for me on sportscenter saturday morning cheering and holding up an irrelevant but humorous sign.
Happy gameday!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Hey, Jason,
Thanks for the invite. I, actually, sent you a message through the Pick'Em site. A warning to all...it was nearly impossible to sign in. Not for the feignt of heart. Once you find out your Yahoo ID (and that is a chore) you have to wait (I did not) to receive an e-mail which send you to the actual Yahoo site to reset your password. I kept guessing and guessing (with some cussing mixed in for good measure) and finally got it right.
Just what I need...more time dedicated to a useless pursuit. Anyways, it is all in good fun.
Take care,
Victor
Hi Vic-- Glad you're in pick'em. Actually I had similar trouble with my old id so I decided to register as a new member and it went much easier. Hint to other bloggers: if you have any difficulty with old id's and passwords just register as a new member, Joaq
Joaq,
Easier said than done, my primo. The loop you get stuck in to sign in on Yahoo is a nightmare. No wonder the stock is tanking.
Take care,
Victor
Vic--
Agree. Yahoo is a little goofy. But they have good fantasy games and once you're in, you're in. I don't want to discourage anyone from joining because the fun is certainly worth the price of admission. Anyone who has a problem, just email me at jjfraxedas@gmail.com. The main problem I encountered was that it kept asking me for my password every time I turned around. Anyway, if a cuban cajun can get in, anyone can get in!!!(Are you reading this luisleon?!)
After delaying the start and fearing engineering the entrance to the pick'em, it did not take me long at all. I was dreading the process, but it went fairly smoothly. I do not know anything about spreads and points favored, etc. but we shall see how it all works out.
Fun to be had by all!
Post a Comment